Our Raw Salt Beef is brined, then Vac Packed ensuring a good shelf life. Simply open, cook and serve.
NOTHING EATS BETTER THAN HOME COOKED SALT BEEF
If your looking for London's best cooked salt beef, order NOW
Cooking salt beef does have alot of variables and several methods. Every good Salt Beef cook will tell you there's is the best so you'll need to find what work for you however here's a good starting point, however, if it all seems like too much effort, be sure to buy our ready cooked salt beef which you simply reheat and serve or it's equally as delicious cold
- Prepare the largest pot you have with enough cold water to fully submerge the brisket in.
- Add your brisket plus carrots, celery, peppercorns, whole onion, stock cube and anything you like to personalise your Salt Beef.
- Slowly bring the water to a vigorous simmer with a lid on.
- Cook for anywhere between 3 and 4 hours ensuring you top up the water where necessary.
- To test, take a skewer and push into the meat. You should not feel any resistance or grating.
- Remove the meat from the pot taking care. Its quite likely to fall apart now so ensure it doesn't splash back into the pot.
- Wrap the meat in some foil several times and leave for another 30 minutes to an hour to really tenderise the brisket.
- PLEASE NOTE ~ DEPENDENT ON HOW YOU COOK THE SALT BEEF, IT IS NORMAL TO LOOSE UP TO 40% (this can be minimised by a slower cooking process)
- Always ensure you slice the meat against the grain. The salt beef can appear tough if cut with the grain.
- Salt beef is classically served in bagels or rye bread. Add pickles, mustard, sauerkraut to taste. For a decadent touch, Russian dressing and melted swiss cheese gives a 'Reuben' style to the sandwich.